Since March of 2022, when the pandemic began to significantly impact our communities, we have worked tirelessly to continue to serve the Parker area while ensuring to keep your children and our staff safe. This has required us to repeatedly revisit and revise our policies and operating procedures to adapt to the changing threats of the pandemic. We know this has been a tremendously uncertain and frustrating time for you and your family. It has been for us as well. We appreciate all that you have done to support Momentum and our staff as we’ve struggled to be here for you.
Policies and Procedures – Updated March 2022
- As of March 2022 we are allowing parents with children enrolled in our Preschool classes access to our lobbies and viewing areas inside the gyms. Consistent with federal, state, and local recommendations, we are NOT requiring masks for athletes, parents, coaches or staff. Those wishing to wear masks are encouraged to do so. We also highly discourage anyone from visiting the gym with any signs of cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Parents of children in any of our other programs are required to drop off their children rather than accompanying them into the gym. We will have staff deployed to ensure children safely enter the building. Preschool families are allowed one parent/guardian into the viewing area to watch the sessions. (Please follow physical distancing guidelines).
- Free remote monitoring of classes is available to all families that want it. Please check with our Welcome Desk Team for access instructions.
- The gym has had a complete make-over. We have added nearly 1200sf of training space. This new layout minimizes congestion and creates open traffic. We have doubled the amount of spring floor and carpeted space for stretching, tumbling and additional training stations.
- We have removed all lockers from the gym – these were gathering areas for children and difficult to keep sanitary.
- We have designated multiple entrances and exits to reduce the grouping of people before and after classes.
- The gym has been divided into specific partitioned training areas.
- We have established a maximum number of children/coaches allowed in the gym at any time.
- Your coaches have developed training techniques that allow coaches and athletes to maintain as much personal space as possible.
Sanitation & Hygiene
- We require each child to carry their own “gym kit”, which should include, water bottle, hand sanitizer, personal chalk, grips (both items are for team athletes only), etc. in a tote bag. The children will bring these bags to each class session. They will then be taken home following each class session.
- We have closed the water fountains. Please make sure that your child brings their own water bottle with their first and last name written on it.
- We will request that every parent ensure their children have washed thoroughly immediately prior to attending the gym. Hand sanitizer has been placed in numerous locations throughout our gyms. Every child should sanitize their hands when entering and exiting.
- We have added 10 minutes between every class to allow all areas impacted in the gym to be cleaned.
- We will add staff dedicated to cleaning all lobby and viewing areas.
When checking your child in at the gym, please remember to:
- Every child MUST have one of their parent’s/responsible adults be present at check-in. Please do not just drop off your child without checking in. The check-in tables are located outside the front door of the main entrance. We have 3 designated check- in areas: Preschool, Developmental, and Team. Please make sure you check in at the appropriate table based on your child’s class.
We know this is a lot of information to absorb. This is new for all of us and undoubtedly it will take some time getting our processes running smoothly. We are incredibly grateful for all the grace and patience you have given us these past two years. We are so thankful for your continued support.
Please let us know if you have any questions!
Marlene & Kevin